Nine-year-old boy saves grandmother’s life after she suffers seizure in the bath

0
136


Like many parents, Hailey Davies is always telling her young son Kian to get off the internet and spend less time watching videos online.

But the mum-of-two could never have imagined that, one day, her son would save his own grandmother’s life thanks to a clip he’d seen on YouTube.

Kian Aliffe, was staying at his grandparents’ home in Llangennech when he heard a faint sound coming from the bathroom and decided to go and check on his 51-year-old grandmother Angela Jones in the bath.

But when Kian walked in the room he saw that his ‘Mams’ was floating in the water with her eyes open in what seemed like a seizure.

The quick-thinking schoolboy reacted automatically and held his grandmother’s head back from the water, turned the tap off and unplugged the full bath.



Kian knocked on neighbour’s doors and then phoned 999 himself when no-one answered



Kian Aliffe pictured with his grandmother Angela Jones

When he felt she was safe he ran out of his house before knocking on neighbours’ doors. But when no-one answered, the nine-year-old didn’t panic or give up – he then ran back into the house and dialed 999 himself.

Kian’s mum Hailey had no idea what was going on until arriving at her parent’s house a little later.

“I was driving and saw a couple of missed calls but just drove to my mum’s house instead of answering the phone,” she said.

“As soon as I got there, I knew something was wrong when I saw Kian sitting outside the house. Then he told me he was waiting for an ambulance.

“What’s even stranger is that Kian is partially deaf and was listening to his earphones at the time so he only heard a faint splash and a sort of shout of his name.”



Hailey Davies said she believed her son saved his grandmother’s life

The mum-of-two said she and Kian’s dad Calum were incredibly proud of their son.

“When they told me about it, I just couldn’t believe it. Not many adults would know what to do in that situation – I would crumble so the fact that he was on his own and didn’t panic is amazing,” she added.

“There is no doubt in my mind, that Kian saved my mum’s life and if he wasn’t there or didn’t know what to do, I dread to think what would have happened.”

“I’m always telling him ‘get off the internet’……but he said that he only knew what to do after seeing a video online.”

Kian, said that when he saw his grandmother in the bath he recalled a video he once watched of a girl having a fit in a swimming pool.

“I remember seeing them pull the girl out of the water so I knew I had to try and lean Mams’ head back and to unplug the water so she wouldn’t go under,” he recalled.

“I did panic but knew I needed to help so tried to find someone to help and phone the ambulance with me.”

The family later learned that Angela, who is still recovering in hospital, had fluid on the brain which was the likely cause of the seizure, but medics have agreed that if her grandson wasn’t there then the situation could have been a lot worse.

Proud mum Hailey added: “We’ve been telling him ‘not all heroes wear capes’ and he is a hero. We are all just so incredibly proud of how brave he was.”



Source link

قالب وردپرس

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here