A child was hurt when part of the ceiling collapsed at a swimming pool
Paramedics called to the pool at Southbury Leisure Centre in Enfield, north London, treated the child at the scene.
Fusion Lifestyle, which manages the centre, say a lighting unit fell at poolside after someone threw an item upwards.
Pool-goer Ed Sima said he thought a “bomb had gone off” when the lighting unit collapsed.
He said: “The whole lighting unit which was 20 metres long just snapped off the roof.
“There were around 20 people in the pool when it happened. Everyone who was there was just shocked by what has happened.
“The whole thing was very traumatic.”
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 2:14pm on Sunday October 27th to reports of a child injured on Southbury Road, Enfield.
“We dispatched an ambulance crew, a medic in a car and an incident response officer to the scene. The first of our medics arrived in under four minutes.
“We treated a child at the scene for a head injury and took them to a hospital.”
The pool was temporarily closed, but has since re-opened.
A Fusion Lifestyle spokesperson said a full investigation is ongoing, and has been contacted for further comment.