A total of 5,526,071 Covid-19 vaccinations had taken place in England between December 8 and January 22, according to provisional NHS England data, including first and second doses, which is a rise of 425,596 on Friday’s figures.
Of this number, 5,085,771 were the first dose of the vaccine, a rise of 424,478 on Friday’s figures, while 440,300 were the second dose, an increase of 1,118.
The NHS England data shows a total of 600,568 jabs have been given to people in London between December 8 and January 22, including 545,815 first doses and 54,753 second doses.
This compares to 969,979 first doses and 67,097 second doses given to people in the Midlands, a total of 1,037,076.
The breakdown for the other regions is as follows:
- North East and Yorkshire – 832,939 first doses and 71,683 second doses, making 904,622 in total
- North West – 711,594 first doses and 63,401 second doses, making 774,995 in total
- South East – 812,084 first doses and 76,229 second doses, making 888,313 in total
- South West – 571,449 first doses and 53,312 second doses, making 624,761 in total
- East of England – 611,622 first doses and 53,531 second doses, making 665,153 in total