Haven holiday park in Tenby denies false social media rumours of coronavirus outbreak on site

0
39



Haven Holidays has denied false social media rumours there are coronavirus cases at its Kiln Park caravan site in Tenby.

It was suggested on social media on Tuesday, July 21, that three holidaymakers at the popular campsite had tested positive for the virus and been admitted to Withybush Hospital.

Haven, the company which owns Kiln Park, as well as Penally Court and Lydstep Beach Holiday Village, clarified there was ‘no truth’ to the rumours of a Covid-19 ‘outbreak’ at the park.

A spokesperson for Haven stated on Tuesday: “At Haven the safety and security of our guests, owners and team is our number one priority.

“Since we closed our parks in March due to the coronavirus pandemic we have put a range of measures in place, including our ‘Clean and Safe Charter’, to ensure everyone on our parks fees safe and secure.

“We have had no outbreaks of coronavirus on our parks and there is no truth to the rumours around outbreaks.”

Public Health Wales (PHW) confirmed on Wednesday that no new cases of coronavirus had been recorded for Pembrokeshire or the area covered by the Hywel Dda Health Board, despite 60 tests being carried out.

One of Tenby’s county councillors, Michael Williams, said tourism was important for Tenby’s economy and that rumours like these could be damaging.

“When Kiln Park is full, it doubles the population of Tenby and than people are spreading rumours based on no facts at all,” he said.

“The rumour was that three holidaymakers from Kiln Park were taken to hospital – it’s horrifying. We’ve been pretty lucky in Tenby with very few cases.”

He added: “I would ask people to be careful as many of those that have been shielding are extremely concerned when these false posts are published.”



Source link

قالب وردپرس

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here