Harry and Meghan: Multiple security alerts at couple’s home in early hours of the morning.

0
11



Police in California have responded to multiple security alerts in the early hours of the morning at the US home of Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office received nine alerts in as many months from Harry and Meghan’s Montecito mansion, according to data obtained under Freedom of Information laws.

Officers were called four times in July last year, with a ‘priority incident’ in August.

And there were two further incidents over Christmas – a trespasser on Christmas Eve and property damage om Boxing Day.

The most recent recent incident was an alarm activation on February 16.

Representatives for the Sussexes have declined to comment, as did a spokeswoman for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office, reports Sky News.

During their interview with Oprah Winfrey, Harry expressed shock that he would have his UK taxpayer-funded security detail removed upon stepping back from royal duties.

“I was born into this position. I inherited the risk. So that was a shock to me,” said Harry.

“The biggest concern was while we were in Canada, in someone else’s house. I then got told, short notice, that security was going to be removed. By this point, courtesy of the Daily Mail, the world knew our exact location.

“So suddenly it dawned on me – ‘Hang on a second, the borders could be closed, we’re going to have our security removed, who knows how long lockdown is going to be, the world knows where we are, it’s not safe, it’s not secure, we probably need to get out of here’.”



Source link

قالب وردپرس

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here