Group of men living separately drive over 100 miles to get into Wales before police intervene

0
6


Two separate groups of men travelled hundreds of miles from England to Anglesey before being stopped by police.

Officers from North Wales Police first stopped a group of three men driving in a vehicle near the Menai Bridge on Friday (May 22).

The men, who all live at separate addresses, had made the 112-mile journey to the island from Manchester – despite lockdown restrictions being in place.

They had been heading to Llangaffo but were told to return home and were reported for breaching Covid-19 rules.

Later that day, officers sent a further two men back to England after they travelled more than 125 miles from Stoke-on-Trent to Newborough Beach.



Police officers have been patrolling across Wales

North Wales Police Anglesey wrote on Facebook: “Officers have been on patrol across the island.

“A car was stopped on the approach to the Menai Suspension Bridge.

“In the car were three males who had driven from Manchester…

“All three were from different addresses so were ordered to return home and all three have been reported for breaching Covid-19 offences.

“Two men were also sent back home after being found on Newborough beach after travelling there from the Stoke-on-Trent area. Both have also been reported.

“Patrols will continue throughout the bank holiday weekend.

“Restrictions remain here and visitors will be welcomed back once it is safe and right to do so.”

Watch: On patrol with the police trying to stop people coming from England into Wales


Video Loading

Video Unavailable

The top fine for people caught repeatedly flouting lockdown rules in Wales has been increased.

The existing system, which has a maximum fine of £120, will be replaced by a structure where the penalty doubles with each offence up to a maximum of £1,920 for the sixth breach.

There’s often so much information to take in right now, it can be hard to know what to look out for.

So if you want to stay up to date with all the latest news from varying aspects of Welsh life, you can sign up to one of our newsletters as a simple way to keep on top of things.

You’ll receive a curated email, with all the important stories – and stories which interest you – in one place.

We send a range of newsletters each day – sometimes twice a day – on the latest news, up-to-the-minute stories and information on coronavirus as well as the latest Cardiff City, Swansea City, and Welsh rugby sports stories.

We also send out some newsletters on a weekly basis: for example our What’s On newsletter, or our In Case You Missed It email, helping you catch up with any stories you might have missed.

Our current range of newsletters includes:

  • News
  • Swansea news
  • Cardiff City FC
  • Swansea City FC
  • What’s On
  • Rugby
  • In Case You Missed It
  • Reach tickets

To sign up for one – or even all – of these newsletters is easy and completely free.

Just click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre. Once you’re there put your email address where it says ’email’ at the top then click on the newsletters you want to receive.

When you’ve made your choice press the ‘update’ preference button at the bottom.

That’s it. Your emails will come through to your inbox from that moment on.

So sign up for a WalesOnline newsletter to make sure you know what’s going on in our brilliant country and around the world.

On Monday, Mr Drakeford told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast that examples of people travelling from England to Wales are “concerning”.

People in England are allowed to drive to another location to exercise, but people in Wales are not due to differing lockdown restrictions.



Source link

قالب وردپرس

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here