The number of people who have died with coronavirus in Wales has increased by five.
Public Health Wales (PHW) confirmed on Tuesday that the death toll since the outbreak began has now increased to 1,483.
In addition, the NHS trust said the number of lab-confirmed positive cases of coronavirus in Wales has increased by 98 to bring the total to 15,295.
On Tuesday, there were 25 new reported cases in Wrexham, the highest of any local authority, while Rhondda Cynon Taf had 12, Conwy had 11 and Cardiff and Anglesey both had seven.
Several local authorities reported no new cases including Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Swansea.
And the number of daily tests being carried out shot up to 5,998 on Monday – by far the most in a single day. By comparison, on Sunday just 2,722 were reported.
New coronavirus cases reported in Wales today
Cumulative number of deaths reported in Wales
Deaths involving coronavirus in Wales have dropped significantly in the most recent week’s figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
For the week up to June 12 there were 57 recorded deaths, while the week before there were 100.
Excess deaths, which compares all registered deaths to previous years, also shows they are now below the five-year average. This is the first time this has been recorded since the Covid-19 pandemic began.
The latest figures were announced following a press conference with Health Minister Vaughan Gething who spoke from the Welsh Government headquarters in Cathays Park on Tuesday.
He started by talking about the “developing situation” involving two outbreaks at meat and food processing plants in north Wales – one on the Isle of Anglesey and one in Wrexham.
On Anglesey, the minister stated that as of Monday night there were 175 confirmed cases at the 2 Sisters meat processing plant at Llangefni.
“The majority of cases are in workers, but some are household members,” he said.
“The factory has now been closed.”
He added that at Rowan Foods in Wrexham there were 70 reported cases as of Monday night, with 1,000 tests being carried out to date. Unlike at 2 Sisters, the factory currently remains open.
“At the moment there is no evidence of wider community transmission beyond these plants,” said Mr Gething, referring to the two outbreaks in north Wales.
“All cases are directly linked to people working in these factories. The cases have been identified through our Test, Trace, Protect system, which shows it is working properly.
“I also want to assure the public that cases of coronavirus are generally falling across Wales. We have seen fewer than 100 cases each day in the first few weeks of June.
“There has been an increase over the weekend, which is probably related to these outbreaks.”
Meanwhile, Mr Gething confirmed there had been “a small cluster” of coronavirus cases at the Kepak meat processing plant in Merthyr Tydfil.
He said 34 cases had been confirmed at the plant since April 25, with eight new cases since the start of June. Six people are currently off sick with coronavirus from the plant.
“This incident is under active investigation,” he added.
“Outbreaks in meat and food processing plants have been a feature of the coronavirus pandemic around the world. We have seen large-scale outbreaks affecting thousands of people in the US, Canada and Germany.”
The minister admitted that as operating margins can be very tight at such plants, with many people employed on “fairly low” pay, many people feel they have “no choice but to carry on working when they are ill”.
In England, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that the two-metre rule is to be relaxed to “one metre plus” where 2m is not possible from 4 July.
Mr Gething said he “had not seen the evidence that underpins any potential changes” to the 2m social distancing rule.
“If there is evidence that underpins any change then we will, of course, consider that and consider what that means for Wales,” he said.