Diner bit into pizza to find a ’15 amp fuse’ from Christmas lights

0
33


A diner couldn’t believe it when he bit into his pizza and found a piece of electrical equipment inside.

The blunder happened after Christmas lights were being fixed near to where the pizza was being made.

Stephen Lamb visited Topolino Restaurant in Newcastle after visiting the Christmas market with his girlfriend last Sunday, and decided to stop in at the Italian eatery for a bite to eat before returning home to Chopwell.




The 51-year-old former solider ordered a bolognese pizza and, at first, all seemed well, ChronicleLive report.

He said: “Halfway through I chewed on something strange. I took it out of my mouth and put it on my side plate – it was a 15 amp fuse.

“The waiter profusely apologised for it and said we wouldn’t have to pay for anything, but I’ve been feeling queasy about it ever since.

“A 15 amp fuse in a pizza? The waiter said he had no idea how it got there.

“Afterwards I thought, what if I had chewed through it? I could have lost my tooth. I’ve never come across anything like it: how would you get a 15 amp fuse in a pizza? I wouldn’t believe it if somebody told me it had happened to them.

“It was just a shock, I literally couldn’t believe it.”

He agreed that if restaurant staff could offer a “reasonable explanation” for his experience he would be “tempted to accept it”.

But he said the incident raised serious concerns, and he hoped steps would be taken to make sure it didn’t happen again.

He added: “There was a kid on the table next to me who couldn’t have been more than 10 – what if it had been in his dinner?”

A spokesperson for the restaurant told ChronicleLive “it shouldn’t have happened and it won’t happen again”.

He said he didn’t charge the couple, who he said were “lovely” about the mistake, for any of their food, but that that was “the least we could do”, and offered them a further free meal at the restaurant.




He added: “I was taking care of Christmas lights near the pizza place and I should have been more careful.

“It shouldn’t have happened, but it did, and I’m so sorry about it.

“It’s not as if the pizza was undercooked or anything, it was a very very unusual thing and it will never happen again, I can answer to that. We are a family business and we try to do the best for our customers.

“It was a one-off.”



Source link

قالب وردپرس

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here